[a moment] to find more answers

[moment 267]

I saw my neurologist again this past week. We're increasing one medication and I had a series of x-rays taken and I have a CT scan scheduled. He wants me to see the neurosurgeon again for an evaluation for something that we haven't yet investigated. He upped the dosage of one of my medications. 

This is a doctor who spends fifty five minutes with me, asks me questions about many aspects of my life and of my health, and makes sure he's up to date on everything going on with me. He's discovered things that I thought were associated with other chronic illnesses I have that are actually concerning because they're occurring in conjunction with my neurological issues. 

Most concerning right now is that he continues to suspect an intermittent cerebrospinal fluid leak, as do I. And that my hemiplegic migraines (a rare neurological disorder that is an incredibly bad migraine paired with weakness and/or loss of function on one side of the body) are getting worse.

Hopefully I'll have more answers soon...even if the likelihood that I'll be able to treat any of these issues is incredibly low. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts