Missing [Adventure]

[Adventure 30]

Of all the adventures I miss having, tattoo adventures are at the top of the list. 

We don't just go to a local tattoo shop and get tattoos. That would be too simple. We take an out-of-state road trip to see a fried to get tattoos. We make a road trip playlist. We pack snacks. We get lunch from a favorite place. We play with our tattoo artist's dogs and cats.
 

I love getting tattoos. They are stress relief for me, as well as quality time spent with one of "my kids," who also happens to be our tattoo artist.

Actual conversations in my house recently have gone something like this:

Me: *sigh*

Child: "Are you ok?"

Me: "I need a tattoo."

Child: "Valid."

or

Me: "You know who needs to come for a visit?"

12 year old: "Who?"

Me: "Jake" (our tattoo artist)

12 year old: "Or you can buy me a tattoo pen (actual tattoo machine)."

Me: *considers this to possibly be a viable option given the circumstances*

Since I can't get a tattoo right now, I think I'll start drawing the tattoos I need to get. First up: an owl wearing a top hat, holding either a ukulele or mandolin. 


Comments

Popular Posts