Life as Choose Your Own [Adventure]

[Adventure 11]

I don't know how long I'll last writing daily blog posts. I could end up going into a flare or having a week-long migraine and not be able to write for a while. My life is like that - uncertain. I never know what I'm going to feel like from day to day, or even from hour to hour. How's that for adventure? 

I could wake up feeling relatively good and inspired to do all the things. I could then get up and take a shower and then my body could decide that I have accomplished all I am to accomplish that day. Or I can wake up feeling like someone pummeled me in my sleep and then go on to clean the house and edit a video and walk a mile or two on the treadmill and canva a month's worth of social media posts for church. I just never know. 

My life is like playing some sort of choose your own adventure game. I make the choice to go to the store to pick up a few things. I get there and realize I can A. purchase just the few things on my list that we really need or B. do the full grocery shopping instead of placing a delivery order for later in the week for the things that can wait. If I choose A, and then start filling my cart up, I could get to the point where I start getting tired and A. push through and finish getting all the things or B. get the last few necessities and head for the checkout. 

There have been times when I've chosen A and had to abandon my full cart in the grocery store and sit in my car for a half hour before I'm capable of driving myself the 2 minutes it takes to get home - without a single purchase. Or I've successfully checked out, and then sat in my car in the parking lot with the full cart next to the car while I rest enough to get the groceries into the car. And then rested some more before driving home. 

And these days, I have to add in the added walking due to the directional arrows in the aisles and the fact that the nearest grocery store has closed one set of doors, making the distance from half the handicapped spaces farther than from half the regular parking spaces. 

Every day is like this for me. Every choice I make takes me on a new adventure. Will I have enough energy? Will I be in too much pain? Will I dislocate a shoulder or hip? Will I be valiant in my quest? 

Comments

Popular Posts