The [Adventure] of Humor

[Adventure 12]

Living life with humor is a great adventure!

Most people don't think it's hysterically funny when they dislocate both shoulders when their husband is helping them out of bed. I, however, was laughing so hard when this happened that my husband was sure I'd lost my mind. It was funny. To me. Even though it was incredibly painful. 

It was funny because he was helping me up because my hip popped out and I needed to try to fix it. And I needed to pee. The hysterical laughing didn't help the latter. It also didn't help me actually get up. Which made it all the more amusing to me.

Stuck at home during this quarantine gets to me every once in a while. And by every once in a while, I mean several times an hour some days. When I have to leave the house for a medical appointment or somesuch is a treat.

Leaving the house to do things provides entertainment not only because it's something different and not in my house, but because I find life too humorous. Merging onto the highway after weeks spent only driving down the street to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, I felt like was on a racetrack. I hadn't driven over 40 miles an hour in weeks. I exclaimed to absolutely no one, "I get to drive on the big road!" Which cracked me up.

When we are able to find humor in our lives - even in situations that wouldn't normally call for a good laugh - the mundane can be transformed into quite the adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts