Mis[Adventure]

[Adventure 25]

I don't know what it is about being in my family, or doing something with my family, or my family being involved in something that someone else needs us to do ... but whatever it is, things just don't go as planned. They get mixed up, delayed, discombobulated.

For instance, we went to Drive In Church on Sunday morning and then the plan was to go to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. We'd order Mexican food - except for Coren, who doesn't like Mexican food. So we went to church. Then two of our children went home with Gramma and Papa and Coren stayed with my husband, Jim, and I. We ordered a pizza for Coren from the place down the street from church, then went to Dunkin to procure some caffeinated beverages. 

About half-way to my parents' house, I suddenly remembered that we didn't pick up the pizza.

As I got off the highway, my husband called the pizza place to let them know we were on our way, only fifteen minutes late picking up the pizza that was ready in fifteen to twenty minutes! 

Arriving at my parents' house, we found my dad on the phone with the mexican restaurant, a bit confused. He had called and placed the order at Senor Panchos in Middlebury, but then checked the number in his phone and thought he had called Senor Panchos in Thomaston. So he immediately called back and cancelled the order. And called Senor Panchos in Middlebury, which was actually the same place he had just called. Twice. It took some convincing to assure the person on the other end of the phone line that he did, indeed want the order placed. 

This all happened the day after my kids threw us our Annibirthary party, forgetting a bag in my van, which my husband and I had taken to walk/roll the Rails to Trails 20 minutes from our house, causing us to have to turn around and drive home as soon as we had arrived. 

And then I agreed to pick up a wardrobe from Ikea for our daughter's boyfriend. His mom ordered it on Saturday, and learned on Sunday they'd only hold it for 24 hours. And it was the last one. I wasn't available to go to Ikea until Tuesday. So she tried to cancel the order, but wasn't sure the cancellation was going through properly - and couldn't reorder it until the cancellation went through because it was the last one, so it needed to be restocked first. When she finally did place the order on Monday, it said it should be ready for pick up on Tuesday. All day Tuesday the status came back as "preparing order," meaning we couldn't go pick it up.

It turns out it was out of stock. We went to Ikea the next day instead. And that was an adventure for another post!

Comments

Popular Posts