[Seek] Who You Are

[Advent 15]

My family isn't normal. Then again, I'm not sure I know what normal is supposed to be, anyway. 

Things transpire in my house that I think must be unique to my family.  For example, one day I was trying to write something about my children in reference to being LGBTQIA+. I found myself yelling to the household something to the effect of, "is anybody here straight?" The only person who answered affirmatively was my husband. 

Out of the seven of us, there is one straight person. I am pansexual. My children are ages 12, 15, 18, 20, and 21 and in no particular order identify as asexual, pansexual, and not defining my sexuality right now thankyouverymuch. One child is gender non-binary. One is transgender. My husband is apparently the token cisgender straight guy.

And then, just the other day, I asked something about someone bringing me the mail and a punny joke was made about bringing me a male after one of my amab (assigned male at birth) children was sent to see me. I then asked said child if they were indeed a male and their response was, "I don't know!" Which is a completely acceptable answer.  

In our house you are who you are, you love who you love, and we love you no matter what.

Comments

Popular Posts