[Seek] A Gift of Summer

If I could do anything on my birthday, it would be to spend time with my family doing fun things ... and eating lots of Chinese food. I am blessed that we will be doing all of the above. 

If I could receive any gift for my birthday, it wouldn't be for me. It would be for a wonderful woman named Heidi, who is going into the hospital for cancer treatment for about three weeks starting today - on my birthday. Due to covid-19, she is not allowed visitors. She will be going this alone, away from her family and friends who love her dearly. 

A wonderful group of people came together in early December to give her children a wonderful Christmas and in hopes of covering the cost of sending them to Camp Calumet in Freedom, NH this Summer. Paying for Camp isn't just a nice gesture, it's one less thing Heidi and her family to worry about with mounting medical bills; it's peace of mind that her children will be able to spend time in a place they love this Summer; that they will get to do something they've done every Summer - a gift normalcy in this not-at-all normal time in their lives. 

The goal is $2600. So far a group of us has raised half that. 

So if you'd like to give me a gift for my birthday, give me the gift of seeing those children's smiling faces at Calumet this summer. You can send money to:
Calumet Lutheran Ministries
Attn. Karl Ogren
PO Box 236
W Ossipee, NH, 03890
with a note saying it's for camp for Heidi Richard's children.
Or Venmo me @rannygahoots and I'll get the money to Calumet.


Comments

Popular Posts