[Seek] Peace with a Sense of Humor

[Lent 27]

After a long day of dealing the medical issues and finances, then planning and filming various parts of worship, a little grocery shopping, and feeling the need to decontaminate myself upon my arrival home, I was looking forward to relaxing a bit, and not so much to the night of no sleep planned by our fourteen year old. 

In our family, we tend to deal with tough times by spending time together doing fun things, with a sense of humor - and, apparently, sleep deprivation. Coren's plan was to watch good movies, play games, and stay up all night doing these things. I'd agreed, with the caveat that my husband and I might sleep eventually because we're old. 

We had dinner, watched one of the chosen movies, and then the children dispersed to play together online. Around 10:30PM, we began a game of Sorry! I was beyond tired, but was having fun with my family. At one point during the game, we were doing more chatting than playing and my husband told one of the children to pick up a card and take their turn. 

Only that's not what I heard. 


Much laughter ensued.

The phrase, "pick a Picard" was added to the memory jar. Our game continued, followed by a viewing of Pagemaster, which was funnier than I'd remembered. It may have been the lack of sleep, but that's ok. 

During stressful times, time with family and a good sense of humor can go a long way in changing what could have been remembered merely as a somewhat stressful and very busy day to a day of memories made as a family and tears shed not from sadness, but from joy. 


Comments

Popular Posts