[Seek] Peace In The Pain


[Lent 6]

find myself getting incredibly frustrated that my plantar fasciitis riddled feet. I want to hike with my husband. I want to go on walks with my children. I want my body to function well enough so I can do the things I love. 

Instead, I'm stuck in bed when I'm not needing to run errands or get to appointments, meetings, events, or rehearsals. When I'm out and about, I'm battling my body every step of the way, the pain in my feet nearly unbearable, the rest of my body in agony due to necessary hobbling and too much rest. 

And so I seek peace in the pain.

The pain in my feet has gifted me time to get things done - class planning, reading, watching videos and movies and listening to podcasts that have been in my queue for a while. Rest. It has given me time and space to hang out with my children, to have great conversations with friends who stop by for one reason or another. It has helped me give attention to things I've put off for too long. It has reminded that my family and friends have my back when times are rough for me. 


Comments

Popular Posts