Thirty-two: Spring



Spring won't let me stay in this house any longer! I must get out and breathe the air deeply again. ~Gustav Mahler

Spring. Ah, Spring. It's above 45 degrees here in Connecticut. Spring!

Today I'm opening windows, letting in the fresh air. My children can complain all they want that it's cold. That's what sweatshirts are for. Deal with it - it's Spring!

It's also supposed to rain on and off all day. I'm hoping the rain will wash away what remains of the snow. My yard could use a good cleaning, and I yearn to see green.

I can barely wait to go outside just to breathe. I want so much to pack a backpack and take off for my favorite local hiking trail. I yearn to sit on the rock and watch the pond come alive. Hopefully in a couple months my body will be healthy enough to comply with my longings.



Until then, I'll celebrate the greening of the world in my own way, drinking in fresh air and marveling at all the little miracles in my own back yard. 

________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts