Thirty-three: Celebrate



Sometimes my body wakes me up and says 'Hey, you haven't had pain in a while. How about pain?' And sometimes I can't breathe, and that's hard to live with. But I still celebrate life and don't give up. ~Mattie Stepanik

It's going to be a crazy weekend, guaranteed. My body doesn't seem to care or wish to give me any type of break. Alarm set for 4:30AM to be out of the house by 5:15AM wouldn't be so bad if the pain wasn't so bad I couldn't sleep. Today is going to be an interesting day. 

Setting up the silent auction shouldn't be a problem ... after I get some coffee and medication in my system. Haley will be there to help. Sitting and listening to interesting speakers should be great. Lunch that I don't need to prepare will be wonderful. Tallying up everyone's auction winnings and getting the proper items to the correct people in a timely and efficient manner after a long day and no sleep should be interesting. Thank goodness for a daughter to keep me on track. 

But I'm not complaining, really. It is such a blessing to be able to do any or all of this. And to relax in the pool afterwards! It is going to be an awesome weekend full of gained knowledge and experience combined with one-on-one time with my nearly 13 year old. Besides, I should be so exhausted by tonight that I sleep like a log. I better, as Haley has plans to be up again at 4:30 or so to get some swimming in before breakfast and setting up the next silent auction for day two of the conference!

This weekend I shall celebrate: my ability to contribute to the Conference by running the silent auction; the opportunity to learn and grow; making memories with my daughter; good food; amazing people; a bed all to myself; and my body's ability to get me through the weekend - and the medicine and mobility devices that help me do it. 

________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts