Seventeen: Value



Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

As much as art enriches our environment, friendships enrich our lives. My life is a very rich one thanks to some wonderful people who bless me with their presence, their prayers, and their caring.

My life is better with friends who stop by to say hi and don't care that I'm still in my pjs and my hair is standing on end. Or friends who bring me gluten-free Chinese food because it comes from So Very Far Away and they were there so why not. My life is enhanced by friends who send me messages and don't freak out when it takes me hours, if not days, to get back to them. My life is saved by friends who offer gentle hugs, understanding words, and let me know that they care - and that, when concerned, tell me like it is, not matter how difficult it may be for me to hear.

I could survive life without friends, but would find it sorely lacking.  The love of friends turns the simple tune of life into a symphony. 

I intend to: see the value in every friendship; nurture every friendship; and let my friends know their value to me as often as possible.

________________________________________

Forty Days In Thought, Word, and Deed

Comments

Popular Posts