an August [moment]

[moment 217]

I don't like August. 

It's hot. It's sticky. 

It's a month of memories of loss for me. 

August is just plain unnecessary. I've had enough Summer. Let's get on with Autumn.

September is OK. Kids are back to school and we out-in-the-world-schoolers enjoy the relative calm of our favorite museums and aquariums and such. 

But in August I long for October. For crisp Autumn air, hot apple cider, and leaves crunching underfoot; cozy sweaters, leaves changing colors, and, if we're lucky, a few days on the shores of Lake Ossipee. 

I don't like August, so this is when I start dreaming up adventures for Autumn days, making plans, filling our calendar with things we'll do if the day isn't better suited to curling up under a pile of blankets with something warm to drink and watching movies or playing games or sharing stories. 



Comments

  1. Well, I love August. Fall is my second most disliked season. Winter is worse, Spring is so much better and Summer is the best. Endless summer for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts