uncertain [moment]

[moment 221]

My life is a cloud of uncertainty. 

Between my chronic illness, my children's medical issues, and the unpredictability of everyone's day-to-day physical and mental health, it's incredibly difficult for me to make plans. I don't know on any given day whether or not the plans that we've made are going to be feasible. 

And now I volunteer for a refugee resettlement organization, which adds a new level of uncertainty. We are set to resettle a family of four from Afghanistan, but we're waiting to hear when they will be arriving. It could be in days or weeks or months. We just don't know.  

So as I make plans for this Autumn, I do so knowing that our mini vacations to visit family or spend time at Calumet could be interrupted by the need to carry out my refugee resettlement ministry volunteer duties or deal with a health issue or myriad other things.

Comments

  1. The Lords work, or Satan's playground. Two sides of the same coin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts