[a moment] that weighed heavy

[moment 216]

I took this photo at camp. 

It is an injection pen for a once-a-week medication I inject into my body to help me become healthier. I took it in a moment when the reality that I never truly get a vacation was weighing heavy on me.

That morning I was already feeling ill. I was in extreme pain from the previous few days' activities and I didn't want to move. I had a migraine and nausea and just wanted to spend the day in bed. But I had to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom and then to the kitchen tent to retrieve the medication from the fridge. And then to my tent to give myself the injection. And then back to the kitchen tent to put the medication back and eat a little something so I could take more medication. And back to my tent to take my meds and get ready for the day. I didn't want to do any of it, but I did. 

The thing is, it was a glorious day. The walking helped a bit, as did the fresh air. And so did the fact that my two companions were also having a lazy day but the three of us knew the plan and stuck to it and got done what needed to be done even if we whined a bit. 


Comments

  1. Funny it sounds like one of my days at summer camp way back in 1974. My blood sugar was out of control and I felt the worst. Trust me I know the feeling you are describing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts