[a moment] can save the day

[moment 238]

I'm always one for a bargain.

The other day a coupon arrived in my email and I just couldn't resist. It helped that I needed to stock up on a few things at that particular store. I got onto the website, shopped for what I needed, applied coupons and such, and agreed to several offers for points that popped up on my screen from one of my apps. 

Even I was impressed with the results (actual total $15.38 with tax).


That's approximately an 82% savings. 

And then I'm getting $6.34 back from one app. And $1.45 from another. And $3 in rewards. So in the end, the order total will be around $4.59, which is roughly a 95% savings.

The thing is, I didn't try to save so much - I just added things to my cart that I needed and applied the appropriate discounts. I went from grateful for the coupon, which would save me $8 on necessary medical items not covered by insurance. 

The thrifty person that I am received great joy from that transaction. That moment saved my mood on a day that I wasn't looking forward to playing catch-up on things that had gone by the wayside due to illness and inability. It seems that saving a carpload of money can change one's perspective from feeling like you're not contributing anything to feeling like a frugal rockstar.

{edited to add: the actual money back from the app was $8.64, not $6.34, bringing the balance to $2.29 - over 97% savings.}



Comments

Popular Posts