[the moment] when everything works out

[moment 165]

Apparently I can't count. 

When I made ticket reservations for those in our family who wanted to go see Onyx's performance in Age of Endurance at Epoch Arts, I completely miscounted. I reserved tickets for eight, when it would be me, Austen, Eris, Jim, and my parents. Six people. Then my parents invited a friend, which made seven. I meant to let the director know we didn't need one seat, but kept putting it off. 

Then my friend Renee mentioned that she and Nana wanted to go, but by that time I knew tickets had sold out. I figured I, who was going to the play all three nights, could sit to the side and let one of them have my seat. Problem solved. 

But then our friend had to cancel, so we were back to eight people and eight seats. 

The sudden realization that Sophia would be joining us as well led to momentary panic, until I remembered she made her own reservation. 

It was a wonderful evening. Dinner at Po's Rice and Spice - all nine of us - was great, and everyone enjoyed the play. I am so grateful that everything worked out.

Comments

Popular Posts