[Nevertheless] We Must


I love the coziness of the holiday season, with hot chocolate and holiday movies, candle-lit worship spaces, and the wonderful Advent adventures we went on throughout December. Focusing more on family and friends, taking time off from some of our more regular activities, these past few weeks as a family have been less hectic than our "normal" lives. With my husband having more time off of work than usual added to a more laid-back atmosphere - and having the ability to lounge awhile in my nice warm bed in the morning was heavenly.

It has been wonderful not driving for hours and hours a week bringing children to and from activities, classes, friend's houses, and wherever else I end up driving them. Getting a break from teaching at homeschool co-op and church has been somewhat luxurious. 

Nevertheless, the time has come - we must get back into the swing of things.

Epoch Arts Homeschool Co-op is back in full swing and we're kicking off the driving teenagers to and fro by taking Haley to Massachusetts to catch a bus to Calumet for Yellows Reunion Weekend - and then driving back to MA on Sunday afternoon to pick her up. Tuesday Night Sunday School and Puppet Ministry return to our schedule next week, as does Breaking Silences for Haley and Paint Pouring class for Alia. A prospective new pastor is visiting and preaching at our church this weekend, and my wedding anniversary is next weekend. I'm sure there are things I'm missing, but that's OK. Everything is on my calendar ... I hope.

The great thing is that, as nice as it was to have more downtime, I'm looking forward all this new year holds.

Except for the getting out of my nice warm bed in the morning part.

Comments

Popular Posts