[Nevertheless] Life Goes On

I'm in this strange place where I feel like life is getting back to normal, but I'm not sure I want it to.


My priorities have shifted since the end of last year. I feel the need to let go of some things and rearrange others. I'm struggling with what really feeding my soul these days and what I'm doing just because I feel like I'm supposed to or because it's just what I've done in the past. I'm discovering aspects of my life that need to take precedence over others.

I feel like I need time to sort all of this out, nevertheless, life goes on.

There are doctor and physical therapy appointments to get to, classes, rehearsals, church activities, workshops, various groups and ministries, driving my children here there and everywhere ... and so much more.

Until I figure everything out, I will be mindful of how I spend my time and whether or not what I'm doing is feeding my soul and nurturing relationships with those I love. I will set clear boundaries around children's activities in order to have the opportunity to have "me" time during said activities and "us" time with my husband regularly. I will also do my best to get my body moving every day, to eat healthy foods, and to take time every day to pray and meditate.  I will take time to rest my body and my mind amidst all the activity.

As my busy family life swirls around me, I will do my best to find balance, to find myself, and to find a new normal. 



Comments

Popular Posts