[Nevertheless] I'll Recover

I'm tired. 

And by that I mean I'm in so much pain that even sitting propped up in bed typing on my computer is agonizing; I could and would fall asleep sitting here if it weren't for the pain; and I'm having difficulties with word retrieval and spelling. By tired I mean that I'm also mentally and emotionally exhausted, having experienced such a high hiking two days ago and am now dealing with the lows of my recovery, which could take days; dealing with family relationships; and struggling to meet my needs, nevermind those of my children. 

When I say I'm tired, it's never because I have a "normal" feeling of tired. I say it when I'm beyond exhausted - at a point where if I don't stop soon, my body will stop me anyway. 

Nevertheless, I'll recover. I'll spend the time I need to in bed today, writing, reading, watching, praying, dreaming. I'll get a few things done around the house, but won't push myself. I'll do my best to give my body time to recuperate. 

And while I'm spending so much time in bed, I might as well plan our next hiking adventure!






Comments

Popular Posts