[Nevertheless] I Create


I'm not feeling so hot today, so I'm curled up in bed with steaming hot shepherd's pie, blocks of wood, paint markers, and a wood burning tool, dreaming of being back in nature ... when the weather is a bit warmer. What else does one do on a freezing Winter's day? 

My husband makes things out of wood. Mostly out of reclaimed wood from broken pallets, some from gifts of wood from friends who find interesting pieces. He puts his heart into every piece he makes. Mostly he makes hearts necklaces. And guitar picks. But he is branching out into other things for an upcoming event, and he asked me to contribute as well. 


Cozy in bed, I see images in wood, or spaces where words could flow. I do my best with hands that don't cooperate and not quite the right tools to bring what's in my head to life on small wooden blocks. It feels good to contribute something, to create, to do something I enjoy in a constructive way.


Soon I will be urged from creative comfort by a ten year old yearning to go to the CT Science Center before her Paint Pouring class, but for now, I paint and dream. 


[Shameless plug: Handcrafted by Heart]


Comments

Popular Posts