On the Second Day of Christmas

For those of you who love Christmas as much as I do - don't worry! It's not over yet! The Christmas season lasts until Epiphany - January 6th. Today is only the second day of the twelve days of Christmas!

On the second day of Christmas...

I am thankful my migraine is at a dull roar today. It was so bad at one point yesterday (Christmas Day) that I didn't notice I'd received the same gift from two people. Easily remedied, it's not a big deal, but that it didn't register in my brain at the time I find a mixture of amusing and concerning. When the festivities were over, I retreated home and passed out for a couple hours, my head encased in ice packs. I'm feeling much better today. 

I am thankful for the time we got to spend with family, for good food, and good conversation. And for Christmas worship, filled with joyful Christmas hymns, friendly people, and hugs. 

I am also thankful for the wonderful gifts my family received - and gave each other - this Christmas. When I ask my children what their favorite gifts were, Christmas Angel gifts top the charts. This year...


Alex gave Alia a pink chihuahua.
(Standing in for Alex is his puppet, as Alex does not like having his picture taken.)


Alia gave Zachary Santa footie pajamas.


Zachary gave Daddy Magic the Gathering cards

Daddy gave Mama a tandem nursing mama carving (didn't get a good photo, sorry!).



Mama surprised Coren with a 2DS (thanks to Grandpa!!!), a case, and screen protectors.


Coren gave Haley an owl in a Santa hat.


Haley gave Alex a Five Nights at Freddies Fazbear

These Christmas Angel gifts, made or purchased for $5 or less, are gifts from the heart.

My favorite gift of the year was made by my husband...


During these twelve days of Christmas, so many things are happening in our little world. In twelve short days, we will help set up household for and welcome our New Start refugee family and begin to get them settled into life in the United States.We will celebrate my birthday, usher in the new year, and celebrate Jim's birthday as well.  And we will begin our Winter Session of Epoch Arts Homeschool Co-op.  


Comments

Popular Posts