Less


I want less.

I want to spend less. To own less. To expect less. To have less. To need less. To want less.

My life would be so much better with less.

Less clutter in my house. Less time spent on cleaning. Less money spent replacing things that I probably don't really need anyway.

In this time of giving and getting, all I want is less. 

But I also want more.

I want more time with my family. I want greater ability to be of help to others. I want more of what helps my health, feeds my soul, and lifts my mood. I want to do more with my time. 

And so today we clean, we get rid of things that no longer serve us, and we make room for things that make our lives better. That means freeing up space for a gaming computer and virtual reality system purchased by our sixteen year old ... and freeing up space in order to have space - room to breathe. Today we hang Christmas lights inside our house, hang Christmas stockings, and fill the house with Christmas music. We box up donations for various people and places. We make room.

God, be with those whose lives are cluttered with the unnecessary - with things that bog them down and hold them back. Help them to let go of these things in order to lead more fulfilling lives. Help us all give of our abundance to those with not enough. Thank you for the time, the energy, and the inspiration to make room for more of Your goodness in our lives, as we use our excess to bless others.

Comments

Popular Posts