Lenten Love Letters: Faithful Friends

"Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us, once more..."

Why I've had that song stuck in my head for the past few days, especially considering it's Lent, I have no idea. What I do know is that during the quiet moments that I've devoted to meditating, praying, and writing Lenten Love Letters over the past few days, I've felt called to write to people in my life who have inspired my faith.


The first letter went to a wonderful pastor who had a great impact on me in just one short week of camp. Pastor Aaron opened my eyes and my heart to new ways of spending my time and my life with God and with the people in my life. And he taught me that sometimes there are more lessons in falling off a bike than in having a smooth ride. He also was my daughter, Alia's favorite person that week.




The second went to the pastor of my church who has not only been a wonderful pastor, but has set a wonderful example of what it is to be a good husband, parent, and friend. Pastor G has also been a catalyst in my change from self- and stuff-centered living to Christ-centered living.

The third letter found its way to someone I have never met. Glennon is the author of one of my favorite blogs, Momastery, and her words have been manna for my journey over the past year or so.

I'm not sure any of these people realize just how much they touch others' lives - or to what extent they've impacted mine. 

In giving of themselves, they've fed my faith, improved my life, and sent my soul soaring. 

Comments

Popular Posts