Listen Up!

How many times do I have to tell you?

I've told you over and over what I need from you and you just don't listen.


How many times do I have to ask you to do something before you do it?


If you say you're going to do something, do it.

I know you don't like it when I yell at you, but sometimes that's the only way I can get through to you.  I tell you over and over and you don't seem to care. I ask you for what I need and you don't seem to have the time for me or are just plain annoyed that I asked. What more do you need me to do to get your attention? I'm just a kid. I have limited communication skills. I don't mean to be a bother, it's just that you're so distracted all the time. It doesn't seem like you're really paying attention to me. You say no all the time, and when I hear no all the time, it makes me sad, and it makes me want you to say yes to something ... anything. I would really like you to say yes more than you say no. So I keep asking. Everything else seems to be more important to you than I am. Please just give me some of your time and attention and I won't be such a pain in the neck. I promise. And not like your promises - like real promises. 


I love you and need you,

Your child





Comments

Popular Posts