[Nevertheless] The Burden is Lighter



Three of my children are acting in Epoch Arts' Mainstage Production again this year. Last year, I was thrown into doing a good portion of the costume procurement, design, and creation as the lead costume person was unable to contribute as much as she had in the past. Thankfully, many of the costumes were thrift store find that I added to and embellished. Several costume pieces, I created from other found materials and my somewhat strange imagination.

I worked on costumes in between teaching classes at homeschool co-op, during rehearsals, in my spare time at home, and even in the waiting room at the dentist's office. I loved doing it, and was grateful I was able to. 

This year, the lead costumer is back on the job. Thank God that branch, still bearing fruit, has been trimmed to a less time-consuming and not so stressful length for me. It is just what I need in this time of change in my life, and with my recent health issues.

I am excited to help with what I can, nevertheless, I'm thankful that the burden is lighter. 


Comments

Popular Posts