[Nevertheless] Lent Begins


The time has come once again for me to strive to slow down, at least for a little while each day. To take time to find my center and focus on my faith.

Each year I choose a discipline for Lent. Usually I'm inspired by something in my life that pulls me toward something. This year, with all the things currently happening in my life, I feel compelled to focus on the concept of pruning. During the past couple months, I have let go of so much, and changed the way I've looked at and done things. It seems this time in my life is a time of pruning what doesn't work in my life so that I can grow in new in better ways. 


"I am the true vine and my Father, the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch in me that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:1-2

Comments

Popular Posts