[Nevertheless] It Makes Room


More trimming happened in the form of an exodus of congregation members due to a pastoral change at our church. The Puppet and Interpretive Movement Ministry I was leading lost half its members - all of the members except my own children. 

In the past, I might have had difficulty with the concept of taking a hiatus from this ministry for a season, but after prayer and contemplation, I felt it was the right thing to do both in my life and in the life of the church. It is sad to think of an Easter without an offering from the Puppets, nevertheless, it makes room for other things in my life and in other church ministries. 

So many times we become attached to things that we've always done, and it takes a break from this norm to help us realize how good it can be to take a step back and make room.

Comments

Popular Posts