[Nevertheless] It is for You


I've been thinking about you a lot lately through my Lenten practice lens of pruning. I love you more than I can possibly express and it hurts to see how much pain and fear you carry. I need you to know you are loved, you are worthy, and you are enough. 
It's my hope that you prune from yourself the guilt of your past behaviors and thought processes. That you let go of the voices form your past that tell you the lie that you're somehow damaged, lacking, inadequate. That you realize that mistakes are nothing more than learning experiences and others' anger and frustration have nothing to do with your worth. And that you banish the fears that hold you back from fully embodying the kind, considerate, loving person that you are.
The love that you pour out for everyone, the kindness and compassion you exude, the consideration you have for others all inspire me to be a better person. I love you.

I wrote this for my husband, nevertheless it is for you, too.

It is for you - the one whose family doesn't accept you for who you are; the one whose upbringing was filled more with insults than praise; the one whose past is full of regrets; the one who strives to be a better person every day. I love you. You matter. You don't need to be perfect. You are who God made you to be. Through it all, I love you for you. Always.

Comments

Popular Posts