[reason 283] looking forward to Christmas

 


Everyone who knows me knows I love Christmas.

My children grew up with Christmas movies and Christmas music playing from Thanksgiving night through Epiphany. They grew up with Advent calendars and seasonal activities throughout the month of December. And St. Nicholas gifts, Christmas Angel gifts, and Christmas gifts. 

They are not and never will be too old for Christmas activities and movies and gifts. 

I look forward to Christmas every year - even years when I'm struggling with health issues. I can't imagine not looking forward to Christmas. 

This year, I get to experience the holiday season with even more people. I don't expect them to be as excited for Christmas as me, or as enthusiastic about activities as me. I don't expect them to give gifts beyond our Christmas Angel gifts and perhaps a sibling exchange (both with a small budget which I'm willing to provide). I do expect them to feel welcome to participate fully in whatever activities and celebrations they so choose - getting a Christmas tree for Gramma and Papa's house and decorating it; decorating our tree; going to see the lights; watching Christmas movies; and so much more. And I hope they understand that in our family we give gifts from the heart - the monetary value doesn't matter. 

I know that Christmas can be difficult for a lot of people. It is my Christmas wish this year that our two new family members experience a Christmas full of love and laughter and family. 

Comments

Popular Posts