[reason 294] my seven children

 


I have seven children. Actually, I have more than seven children, but I have to share some of them with other parents. 

I have seven children that live in our house and with whom I share life on a daily basis.

Zayla is my oldest. I've known her for a few months now, but it seems like I've known her forever. It didn't take long for me to consider her my daughter.

Freddy is my second oldest. He arrived here in crisis, planned on staying until he could make other arrangements, and I'm so glad he didn't. He had my heart the first time he apologized to me for existing and I assured him that his existence was a gift, not a bother.

Alex is next in age order. He has matured so much during this past year. He and his girlfriend made it official, they're both working toward being out on their own (together), and I'm excited to see what the future holds for them.

Mal has been through a lot in her lifetime and inspires me every day with her perseverance, creativity, and with how well she knows herself. She and I should never be allowed to be alone together. Especially at thrift stores or Ikea.

Austen's fearless creativity and kind heart touch everyone around them. They inspire me to try new things, even if I think I'll never be able to do them. 

Eris is just .... Eris. They are cuddly and inquisitive and loving and able to absorb every minute detail about things that interest them.  She exudes joy.

Onyx is the youngest, and my only hope that one of my children will be short like me. Onyx is also super creative and compassionate and stronger than anyone I know. (And yes, Onyx, I know I already used this photo, but it's the only one I have of the seven of you people.)

These are seven of my [reasons]. Does that mean I get the next week off?

Comments

Popular Posts