[reason 303] beauty


Beauty is all around us. Sometimes it's bold and obvious. Other times it's more subtle.  Beauty comes in many forms, from how something looks to how it sounds or feels or makes you feel. 

One of my daughters was having her makeup done by a sibling and I couldn't help but observe how beautiful the interaction was between the two, even when one of them wasn't feeling so beautiful. And to appreciate the outward beauty she somehow couldn't see. 

There have been some difficult and emotional nights lately. Nights during which I wished I could show a precious human being the beauty I see in them, both inside and out; during which I yearned to be able to silence the voices of someone's past and present that take hold of their mind, fouling their thoughts; when I wanted more than anything to deafen the voices of an individual's own thoughts that judge and condemn.  I longed to be able to help them see the beautiful soul that radiates through their compassion and kindness ... and through their beautiful face - eyes sparkling with laughter or in empathy, smile brilliant and true. 

If only I could accurately mirror the depth of thier beauty so they could see themselves through my eyes and the eyes of those who love and care about them. And convince them that the beauty standards of the world aren't realistic  or real or what beauty really is anyway.

You are beautiful. Yes, you. 

Comments

Popular Posts