[reason 298] hanging with mom

Dad had a doctor appointment that was going to be rather long, so Mom and I decided to hang out together at home. We talked about all sorts of things. We looked through photo albums. We reminisced. It was a wonderful few hours. 

 It was also a difficult few hours for her at times, as she couldn't quite hold on to the fact that Dad was just at the doctor's office and would be back soon - but those moments were fleeting, and soon enough we were back to happily chatting away. We talked about life. She asked me how I'm doing and how my sister is doing. She asked about the kids. None of the answers to these questions were met with simple nods of understanding - she responded with heartfelt insights about each person ... how smart or kind or talented or creative each person was, but deeper than that. I wish I'd thought to record the conversation, but I was just so captivated by her words and her heart.

When we knew he was on his way home, Mom delighted in the fact that we could track Dad's movements on my phone. 

I hope I get to hang with my mom again soon. She's a great person to spend time with!

Comments

Popular Posts