To Give Memories [ADVENTure Four]


Ten years from now ... 
Ten years from now, my children will be 20, 23, 26, 28, and nearly 30. That blows my mind.

Zephyr pulled this tag from the jar this morning, just before the children opened St. Nicholas Day gifts. The children suggested that in ten years, my husband and I would have moved out of our house and some of them would still be living here. Zeph joked that she'd be a seeing eye dog in ten years, which hit a little too close to home for Finn, with his vision issues. The children had fun musing what their lives would be like.

My heart skipped a beat as I thought about ten years from now. Thinking that far ahead is difficult for me. The reality is, I hope I'll alive ten years from now. I hope I'll still be able to walk, to participate in life. But the most important thing is - I hope. I live in hope of treatments that will improve my quality of life, hope that I will better be able to manage my pain, hope that my liver disease progresses slowly. Hope that I will someday get to cuddle grandchildren. Ten years from now I could have grandchildren!

For St.Nicholas Day, my children received the gift of experiences ... tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet for two, a voucher for a Magic the Gathering Pre-release Tournament for one, a gift card and voucher for a meal from a restaurant of his choice for one, and a gift certificate to Mew Haven Cat Cafe for two. 
Giving the gift of making memories is much more vaulable to me than giving things. Things wear out. Memories last forever. 

Comments

Popular Posts