[Nevertheless] We Begin Anew


The 2018 rollercoaster has been a rough ride. Too many ups and downs, twists and turns, with not enough calm, meandering track in between. It's going out with a bang - our bank account emptied and overdrawn by someone who duplicated my husband's bank card in the days surrounding Christmas, marital issues emerging from the darkness, and healthcare providers not providing needed care. Nevertheless, it was a year overflowing with goodness and love, as witnessed by our jam-packed memory jar and the parade of wonderful memories that easily come to mind. 

I welcomed 2018 in extreme pain, and with tremendous hope - with intentions to live life with intention. My children all reached milestone birthdays - 10, 13, 16, 18, and 20. I got a daughter for Mother's Day. I blogged much less than I wanted to. I made wonderful memories with family and friends. Volunteer work at church, Epoch Arts, and beyond filled my life with laughter, love, gratitude, and worth. I struggled with health issues and depression, and at times disappeared into my illnesses.  I graduated from the New England Synod School of Lay Ministry and had a wonderful time at Camp Calumet, both on retreat and for two amazing weeks in the Summer. I worked with our church's Call Committee to call a new pastor to our church. I struggled with my healthcare providers and getting medications and services that I need - and with a horrible, incorrect diagnosis - while loving my youngest daughter's healthcare team as she dealt with her Ehlers Danlos Syndrome diagnosis. 

This has been a rough year, nevertheless, we begin anew. 

In 2019, I intend to...

... seek the light, even in the darkest spaces.

... live love, even when it's difficult and heartbreaking.

... live beyond my illness.

... reinvigorate relationships.

... always see the [nevertheless]

Comments

Popular Posts