[reason 239] being Mom

 


Yesterday I received a text from a young woman who landed in the safety and welcome of our home (thanks to our other new kid on the block, Freddy) and quickly became one of the family. In her text, Zayla asked if she could call me mom, as she'd been referring to me as mom to Freddy and it felt right. 

I feel incredibly honored.

Zayla is a compassionate, thoughtful, brilliant woman who has a huge heart and I'm delighted to count her among my children. And I'll be forever thankful that our now second newest child - the loving, creative cowboy (love you, Freddy!) - approached her at Pride and asked her to hang out. 

I love being a Mom / Mama / Mother. When my child calls me mom for the first time, no matter what age, it melts my heart. When said child chooses to call me mom, it hits just a little bit different. 

Zayla - I love you and I'm blessed to get to be your Mom. 

P.S. Freddy, if you're reading this ... when you called me Mom for the first time, I had to take a few minutes to collect myself... several times over the following few days just thinking about it. That you'd trust me with that title means so much. I love you! 

Comments

Popular Posts