[reason 217] engagements

 

OK, so I lied. When Zayla was confused about why Freddy (and Sam and Austen) had abandoned her at home and gone off on some sort of mission, I feigned ignorance as to what was happening. I knew exactly what was happening. And when she said her mind was going everywhere from "maybe they're getting sushi" to "Kay Jewelers is right down the street" it was all I could do not to giggle. Kay Jewelers was exactly where they were (and then several other stores). 

Austen ... and my stalking of their whereabouts on Life360 ... kept me apprised of their progress as I went about my day. It turns out Onyx and Finn, having spent the day at Lake Compounce with the rest of the horde, wanted to go out to dinner just the two of them (and me and Finn's dad), and we were making that happen.

So while this was happening in Manchester...


this was happening in Bristol...



We arrived home to two very emotional young adults. And no matter what anyone says, when you really love someone there shouldn't be a timeline on expressing that love and devotion to that person. I knew I was going to marry my husband before I knew his actual name. We were engaged at twenty and married when we had just turned twenty-one - younger than these two amazing human beings. We had kids' names picked out before we had a wedding date set.  And they have much better communication skills than we did at their age. And they are just great together, while also allowing each other personal time and space when needed. 

Congratulations, Freddy and Zayla! 

Comments

Popular Posts