[reason 225] early mornings

I woke at 3am to a thunderstorm. Unable to get back to sleep, I decided to get up and start my day. I did dishes, put a bunch of things from the party away, and decided to prepare breakfast. I sliced three loaves of French bread, beat a bunch of eggs and milk and vanilla together, melted butter and brown sugar, and added some pumpkin pie spice to all of the above. All ingredients went, as directed by the recipe, into two baking pans and then were covered and put into the fridge until members of the household began to awaken. 

The baked French toast was appreciated by all ... no matter what time they extricated themselves from their beds.

I love being up before everyone else in our household - I enjoy the peace and relative quiet. I also love getting things done before everyone is awake so I can spend more time with the ones I love without a to do list interfering. 

Comments

Popular Posts