[reason 216] walking the walk


Every year we do a "walk" to help raise funds for Camp Calumet in Freedom, NH. 

For the past couple years, I've made banners for the top of the facebook page. This year, there were comments and messages about how much people enjoyed my "covers" and suggestions that I should do it professionally. 

The thing is, I made the images when I was feeling up to doing so, and then proceeded to barely look at a screen for over a week because I had a particularly bad and long migraine. No one is going to hire someone to do a job that might be done in a few days but could have to wait a few weeks or months. 

Besides, I'd much rather contribute to organizations with my time and talents, since I'm definitely not in a position to contribute much financially.

Oh...and if anyone wants to Walk the Walk with us (or run, roll, crutch, paddle, pedal, hike, vacuum, play ... everything counts!), you can sign up here: https://www.calumet.org/ontheroadagain . Our team is Team Pride, but you can join any team or none at all.

Comments

Popular Posts