a chilly [moment]

[moment 125]

One hour left. 

I'm sitting in a parking lot in my van, sipping an ambient temperature macchiato while Onyx is in rehearsal for a mainstage production. I failed to dress appropriately for this chilly rainy evening and I'm beginning to get cold. 

In the one and a half hours since rehearsal began, I've sorted photos for a project I'm working on, trimming many of them in preparation for the next phase. I've done some writing, made a few phone calls, and completed a few Ukrainian lessons. If I had a blanket, I'd tilt my seat back and take a nap, but I'm a bit too cold to sleep. 

Yes, I could start the van and turn on the heat, but I can't decide if being a bit chilly is worse than the dry van heat. So here I sit, listening to the rain pelt the van, and making plans for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts