[reason 207] unplanned dinners

 I usually prepare well planned meals. That is, when it's my turn to make dinner. 

Lately, other members of my household have been unavailable to make dinner on their designated nights due to various reasons, so I've needed to step in last minute to come up with something that resembles a meal.

Let's just say that my standards for unplanned meals are much lower than my planned meal standards. And one could say that my family is ok with that.

One night, I grabbed a couple gluten free baguettes and sliced them up, made a cinnamon sugar mixture and put it in the bottom of a baking pan, arranged the bread on top, and then doused the bread with a standard egg, milk, and vanilla french toast type mixture. While that was baking, I sliced leftover baked potatoes and fried them up in a skillet. For nutrition's sake, I sliced up a couple oranges and called it a meal.

A night soon after that night, I once again found myself making dinner on a night designated to someone else. We had leftover mashed potatoes, so I made potato pancakes, orange slices, apples, caramel sauce in which to dip the apples, and some veggies and dip.


The only thing wrong with this scenario is that my family may appreciate my unplanned (not nearly as nutritious) meals better than my planned meals. And that there's no hope in ever having enough leftover mashed potatoes to make enough potato pancakes to allow the horde to have as many as their hearts and stomachs desire. 


Comments

Popular Posts