[reason 203] stratton brook adventures

 I forced myself out of bed and out of the house and out of my comfort zone. 

There was a year there when my husband and I hiked frequently ... when I thought I'd conquered my fears related to disabled hiking / hiking on crutches / etc. But my back has never been this bad and I've never been more convinced that one wrong move is going to land me completely incapacitated. 

But had I not forced myself to go with my husband to Stratton Brook State Park, I would have missed so much - spending time with my husband; seeing some wonderously beautiful sights; and discovering that I can crutch for a mile and a half without dying if I'm distracted enough by the beauty around me, although the last quarter mile was not at all pleasant. 

I'm looking forward to our next hike. I think. Probably.

Comments

Popular Posts