[reason 189] sabbaday falls

It had been a fun, but exhausting two weeks. Our time in New Hampshire was drawing to an end, and I was sad. I felt like I'd spent most of my time on "vacation" making sure everyone else was having the best time possible, worrying about ever-growing expenses, mopping up water, cleaning, and doing my best to make sure everything was going as smoothly as possible. I'd read one chapter of one book, not the three books I was planning to read. I hadn't had the energy to join everyone else at Squam Lakes Science Center and would really have enjoyed seeing everyone have so much fun. I was swollen, in pain, and just needed to do something with the wonderful group of human beings I call my family.

Our planned tubing outing had been cancelled due to high, fast-moving, unsafe river conditions. Most of us were disappointed. We needed an activity to do instead, and I immediately thought of Sabbaday Falls. And, of course, a trip to Sabbaday Falls requires a stop at Cheese Louise afterwards for lunch.

It was a gorgeous day. 



And as I crutched, I thought to myself that it all was worth it for this day, for this place, for this experience. 

And as I watched everyone play in the river and commune with butterflies (that's a whole other story!) and interact with each other with care and interest and love, I knew that no matter what stresses we're living with these days, we're doing something right. 





Comments

Popular Posts