Land of Deep Darkness



The people walking in darkness

I feel like I've been walking in a sort of darkness lately, a sadness pulling at me, dragging me down. Even though I try to avoid media as much as possible, news of shootings, bombs, attacks, fires, hate crimes, and just plain hate creep in here and there. People rage against helping refugees while gearing up to celebrate the birth of a child whose parents have to flee their country or risk His death... anger and malice, a pall over what should be a time of joyful anticipation.

have seen a great light;

I need that light ... that Light. It is what keeps me going. It is that which lives within me; urges me toward love and goodness in all things; preaches hope in the darkness.

on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.


It is my prayer that God's Light will shine in the hearts and minds of all affected by violence - both the victims and the perpetrators - that they may find wrap themselves in the warmth of God's love and find their way to peace.

For to us a child is born,

Seven words (which I sing every time) that bring so much joy to my heart. So much joy.

to us a son is given,

A Son given not only to live, but to die. For us. To be with us, walk among us, and pour out His life for us. The Greatest Gift.

And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


How can anyone not feel some Light after reading just those four names. Not only is this Gift our Savior. Not only is he Emmanuel - God With Us - but he is our Counselor, our God, our Love Everlasting, and our Peace. 

Somehow I always feel a bit lighter, feel a bit more Light, after reading (or singing!) Isaiah 9:2,6. 



Comments

Popular Posts