Blessing to Others


God told Abram: “Leave your country, your family, and your father’s home for a land that I will show you.
I’ll make you a great nation and bless you. I’ll make you famous; you’ll be a blessing. I’ll bless those who bless you; those who curse you I’ll curse. All the families of the Earth will be blessed through you.”
Genesis 12:1-3
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to help. In elementary school, I was a library helper, a kindergarten helper, and an office helper. In middle and high school, I stuffed many an envelope for various organizations I was involved in, and helped pack Janine kits and fill citrus orders. As an adult, I help with Tuesday Night Sunday School planning, help administrate a homeschool co-op, and... and ... and... 

Some say I volunteer too much of my time, but it's what feeds my soul. I feel that we are created to be blessings to others, however we can, and that in return we feel blessed when we are able to help. 

What if everyone felt that their mission in life was to be a blessing to others, always? How would that change the words that come out of our mouths and the thoughts that pass through our minds? Would we be more compassionate with others - and with ourselves? What would the world be like?


Comments

Popular Posts