[reason 340] st. nicholas

 

Our usual St. Nicholas Day mornings begin with opening stockings. Ours began with a sleepless night for two of us, and eeg for one, and then a stop at the probate court to file adult adoption paperwork. We'd opened stockings a few days before on First Christmas.

This was a St. Nicholas Day like no other. Besides medical testing and taking a huge step toward adding two amazing people to our family, I attended a doctor appointment with one of my kids to discuss a gender affirming surgery and supported them through related anxiety. 

And I brought kids to Barnes and Noble and the thrift store. And we got Five Guys for dinner (and they got my order, and just my order, wrong again!). 

It was difficult to believe all that was done in just one day. The best St. Nicholas Day ever! 


Comments

Popular Posts