[reason 327] not having photos of the moment

 

I don't have photos of everyone gathered around the table at Thanksgiving - I was too in the moment. I did snap a quick photo of the pumpkin pie cake, though. 

I don't have a photo of the moment Fred and Zayla saw the adult adoption paperwork at the back of the photo album of them from the time we met each of them that I made for them. I did snap a few photos of them looking at the album, though.

I decided that for today, I was going to live those moments instead of worrying about capturing them. 

I will never forget the looks on Freddy and Zayla's faces when they knew for sure that what they were looking at was adult adoption paperwork ...that we really truly want them to be actual members of our family - not that we don't consider them that already. And I will never forget the menagerie of emotions that coursed through my being as well.

I will never forget sitting on the couch at my parents' house showing them the Christmas photo album I made for them ... and my Dad putting his arm around my Mom and her leaning in for a kiss and an I love you before continuing to look at photos. 

I don't need photos of those moments. I lived them fully. 


Comments

Popular Posts