[reason 64] what it's taken to get here

We can't give up now. It's taken too much work, too many conversations with too many doctors who didn't listen, too many phone calls, too much torture by on-hold music to get where we are now. 

This thought occurred to me as I went from appointment to appointment on a typical Friday. 

The first appointment was mine ... my every-four-weeks infusion that keeps me from being completely bedridden. During my infusion, I scheduled an appointment for one of my children, refilled a couple prescriptions, and sent messages to a few doctors. 

The second appointment found me waiting in a waiting room during an hour-long appointment for one of my children. During that time I researched doctors that could possibly provide needed care for one of my children and emailed five of them. I got one call back, and spent twenty minutes on the phone giving and receiving necessary information to set up care and make the first appointment.

Then we rushed off to appointment number three. 


We've been through so much to get here - to get to a place where we're receiving the care that we need. It shouldn't be this difficult. And there's no way we can give up now.


Comments

Popular Posts