[Nevertheless] Say Something


There are some friends who you carry with you in your heart and your thoughts as you move through life. My friend Lisa is one of those friends. I think about her often, pray for her often, and miss our long talks over too much coffee.

We don't converse as much since she moved away, but are always available to each other via text when needed or just because. Her counsel and her friendship are invaluable to me, the sermons she posts each Sunday speak to my soul and are carried with me as I wend my way through life. Both the strength and vulnerability she exhibits as she lives her life out loud inspire me.

There are some friends who you don't talk to enough, for whom you don't adequately express your love and appreciation, and who you miss being able to hug when they - or you - are going through difficult times. My friend Lisa is one of those friends.

In this crazy thing we call life, it's vital that we express to others their importance in our lives, how much we love them, and the positive impact they have on our lives simply by them being themselves and loving others as they do. Even if it's been years, it's never to late. Say something.

So thank you, Lisa, for being you, for being my friend, for pouring your love for humanity out for so many, and for shining Jesus light into the world even in the darkest of times. I miss you. I love you. And I just wanted you (and whoever else is reading this, apparently) to know. 



Comments

Popular Posts