[Nevertheless] We Say Adieu


There are people who impact your life without realizing it. Sometimes it's the smallest act of kindness or simply something that's part of their job that makes all the difference in that moment, in your day, or in your life.

Someone who walked into my life a little over a year and a half ago has had a huge impact on my life. I'm not sure he knows just how much. 

Pastor Henry Morris,Words cannot accurately express how blessed I feel and how thankful I am that you were Our Savior Lutheran Church's Interim Minister, but I'll try. From the moment we met, having lunch with my parents at Senor Pancho's, I thought you were a wonderful person with a great sense of humor. As a pastor, I think you were just who OSLC Thomaston needed - someone open to a gentle transition, but someone not afraid to change things up or challenge others' views when needed. 
So many Sundays your sermons seemed to speak directly to me and to what I was experiencing, bringing enlightenment, inspiration, and comfort ... and more often than not, motivating me to grow as a person or move forward when I was feeling stagnant. One particular Sunday - my birthday, as a matter of fact - while my husband and I were dealing with some very heavy stuff, your sermon brought both of us to tears, as it assured us that God was hearing our pleading prayers and journeying with us through our messy lives. Time after time, your sermons sparked healing conversations between my husband and I, changing our marriage and our lives for the better. 
Thank you for all the Spirit-filled words you've shared with us during your time at OSLC.
Also, thank you for your enthusiastic and loving support of Zephyr when she came out as transgender. Your caring response made all the difference in her comfort levels at church. It was wonderful to know she had your full support and that you were open to speaking with any member of the congregation who had questions or concerns.
As excited as I am to finally have a new pastor, I'm also sad to see you move on. Thank you for everything you've done, big and small, for the Body of Christ that is OSLC. In gratitude, Amanda

When someone has an impact on your life, big or small, let them know before you need to say goodbye. It doesn't cost you anything - love is free - and you might just be the one to brighten their day in doing so. 

Comments

Popular Posts